Perhaps the scariest thing in an infant(and perhaps a parent's)life is that first moment of separation between mother and child.
At Sunrise we are aware of this and strive to create the most comfortable environment for nursery care. We develop activities that engage all five senses and allow infants to start experiencing the world around them. While at Sunrise,infants also get a chance to absorb the English all around them to better prepare them for communication as they get older.
About School time
Our infant program employs Montessori methodology in order for children to develop self-confidence and awareness within a secure and comfortable learning environment. We aim to build each child's environmental awareness, sensory awareness and motor function via interaction with our teaching materials and various apparatuses throughout the school. The confidence we build in our children allows our children to thrive in an English learning environment, fostered by our Native English instructors. Time allotted for interaction with the 2 and 3 year-old students readies the children for when they will start learning English more actively themselves.
Infant Time Schedule
|8:00～||Arrive/Free Play Time||Short Time||Full Time|
|10:50～||Outdoor Play Time|
|12:30～||Nap Time/Full Time|
|13:00||Parents pick up children/Short-time|
|15:50～||Free Play Time|
|17:00～||Parents pick up children|
Infant Class - Day to Day
- Music Time
- Learning English through song and movement
- Our kids love hearing and singing English songs! Kids can get used to the sounds and rhythms of English by singing and listening to songs sung by our Native English-speaking teachers and backed up by piano or guitar.
- Work Cycle (Montessori-based)
- Get help today, do it yourself tomorrow!
- Kids have their choice of toys which are focused on developing movement and concentration. Kids can enjoy using materials to complete tasks and develop skills.
- Developmental Activities
- We draw, we build, we move, but most of all we enjoy ourselves!
- Our activities change regularly, but no matter what the task, we teach the kids how to use tools, how to create and how to move. But the focus is always on having fun!
- Park Time
- Time to play and move!
- We love good weather because it means we can go to the park! At Sunrise we take a walk to a nearby park and burn off some excess energy! Kids enjoy the various equipment , play in the sand and get some time in the sun!
- Lunch Time
- Let's eat!
- Kids can build a pretty big appetite after all of that time at the park. It's the perfect time to sit down, relax and eat with friends. It's also the perfect time to practice using a fork, a spoon and how to brush our teeth!
- Nap Time
- Time to rest...
- After all that moving and a great meal, we all need a rest. Kids can take a nap while listening to some soothing orgel music.
Infant Class events
- Easter Egg Event
- Children's Day、Mother's Day、Open School、Health check Up
- Father's Day、Cavity Prevention Day、Parent's Orientation
- Tanabata、Pool Time
- Pool Time、Summer Vacation
- Field Trip、Respect For The Aged Day、Health Check Up、Sports Day
- Halloween Party、Orientation
- Thanks Giving Day、Parent's Orientation
- Christmas Party、Winter Vacation
- The Great New Year
- Setsubun、Valentine's Day、Otanoshimikai
- Hinamatsuri、St.Patrick's Day、Graduation Ceremony
- Monthly Events：Birthday Party、Emergency Drill、Health Check Up Seasonal Craft